Lyft offers various types of rides. It’s confusing sometimes to figure what they are. Let’s break them down.
- Lyft (Lyft Standard): This is the standard ride. It offers rides for up to 4 passengers in a standard car, such as Toyota Prius, Ford Focus, Honda Accord.
- Shared: You will share a car with riders going in the same direction. It costs than the standard service. You can get a even better price if you request the ride in advance.
- Preferred: It’s a standard Lyft ride for up to 4 riders in selected markets. The driver will be top rated. With this service, you can inform the driver your preferences, such as a quiet ride, a desired temperature in the vehicle, or extra bags or luggage.
- Priority Pickup: It is the same standard Lyft ride with a faster pickup time at a slightly higher price. This service is not available in all areas.
- Wait & Save: It is the same standard Lyft ride but with a longer pickup time. It costs slightly less than the standard ride. The wait time and cost will depends on the number of drivers nearby. This is a great option if you want to save a few dollars and have a few extra minutes on hand. This service is not available in all areas.
- Lux: A ride in a luxury car for up to 4 riders, such as BMW X3, Lexus ES, featuring leather or leather like seats.
- Lux Black: A ride in an all black luxury vehicle. It may be a high-end sedan or SUV for up to four riders. The vehicle comes with a black exterior with leather or leather like seats. Examples: BMW 5 Series, Lexus LS
- Lyft XL: SUV for up to 5 riders. It costs more than the standard Lyft ride. This is a good option if you more people in your party or have a lot of luggage.
- Lux Black XL: High-end SUV for up to six riders. The vehicle comes with a black exterior with leather or leather like seats. Examples: BMW X5, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator.
If you are going to and from the airport, you may select preferences for your ride. This is available for all ride types except Lyft Shared. The preference selections include:
- Quiet ride
- Vehicle temperature
- Help with luggage
To set your preferences, tap “Personalize you ride” while you wait for your ride.
In some case, drivers may not be able to accommodate your selected preferences.
Service and ride options may vary depending on markets. Check Lyft app for up-to-date offerings.